Tuesday 29 September 2009

Getting Started

I am Steven Reeves, and this is my blog for the Virtual Environments module, as the title of the blog suggests.

Last year, I began working with 3D objects for the first time for the 3D Modelling and Animation module, something I never imagined I'd ever do in my lifetime. For the first Semester, we all had to create still scenes of any three months of the year of our choice, and for Semester Two we were required to create three animated TV idents for any channel of our choice (real, or completely made up, it didn't matter too much). Everyone did some pretty amazing work, and I got good feedback for my own.

So now for this Semester, is the Virtual Environments module. Until looking at the module guide, I was under the simple impression that this would just be a slightly more advanced version of 3D Modelling and Animation, which last year I quite enjoyed. However, upon reading the module guide for the first time, I immedietedly got a headache.

Basically for this Semester alone, we have to firstly make a 3D version of our own heads, and secondly there is a group assignment that is to be done for the Museum of Power at Langford. The first of these assignments has to be completed within the first five weeks, and needs to be handed in regardless of how complete it is.

I won't get anywhere by complaining about how difficult and complex this is probably going to be, so it's time to get started...

No comments:

Post a Comment